Connecting with Tableau
Before starting this procedure, open the Devo web application and go to Administration → Data Management → Api/OData. Identify the Odata feed that you want to link to and select More Info from the feed's ellipsis menu. This opens the Feed Info window where you can copy the OData URL of the feed and the necessary authentication credentials. Keep this open for easy access.
- Open Tableau and go to Connect → To a Server → OData.
- Paste the OData URL copied from Devo in the Server field.
- Copy the User and Password from the Feed Info window in Devo, and paste them to the Username and Password fields in Tableau. Click Sign In.
- Next you can order the fields from the used query and confirm the data types in the left column.
- Now click the New Worksheet icon from the bottom toolbar.
- You will now see the data from the Devo feed in Tableau and can begin to build your visualizations. Here's an example.
Have we answered your question?
If not, please contact our technical support team via email by clicking the button below.CONTACT US