In order to limit the columns and data of a table, you can create custom tables based on specific queries. Then you can also merge your custom tables with other queries and modify them. You can perform all these actions opening a data table and going to Additional Tools → Custom tables. There are 3 options available:
Create a new custom table
- Go to Data Search and open the data table you want to use as the base for your custom table.
- Select Additional Tools → Custom tables → New.
- Give the table a name. Choose either my.synthesis or my.blend, then enter the first and second level tags.
Configure the custom table fields. Select New Field to add new fields to the custom table. You can also edit the columns values and names or delete them.
Click OK when you are done. The new custom table will appear in Data Search → Finder after a couple of minutes.
Merge a custom table with a query
When merging a custom table with an already existing query, the fields of the custom table whose name matches those in the query are automatically merged. The rest of them will appear as not assigned, and you can merge them with the custom table fields with the same type. The diagram below represents how the merging process works:
To merge a custom table with a query:
- Go to Data Search and open the data table you want to merge with your custom table.
- Select Additional Tools → Custom tables → Add to existing union.
- Choose the custom table you want to merge with the current query.
- Those column names of the custom table matching the ones in the query will be automatically merged. The rest of them will appear as not assigned. On the right side, in the Current query fields area, you can select specific fields from the query and drag them to the custom table, in the Query field value column.
- Additionally, you can create more fields selecting New field. Enter the new field name and then drag the required field from the Current query fields area.
- Click Save once you finish. Now go to the Data Search area and open your custom table. It should contain the data merged from the query.
Manage custom tables
All the custom tables and table unions can be managed from Additional tools → Custom tables → Manage.
Select the required custom table from the list. You can delete whole custom tables or delete specific columns in the Table Fields area. In the right area, you can remove queries merged with the custom table.
Have we answered your question?
If not, please contact our technical support team via email by clicking the button below.CONTACT US