Download as PDF
- Create a new user (for example, LogtrustMonitor) designed to be used to manage all Devo monitoring activity on your Windows network.
- Add the user to the Performance Monitor Users and Event Log Readers groups. Open its properties window, select the Member Of tab and select both groups. Then click Apply.
- Go to the Services and Applications area and select WMI Control to open the WMI Control Properties window. Alternatively, you can run the wmimgmt.msc command.
- In the Security tab, select Root → CIMV2.
- Click Security to open the Security and add the Performance Monitor Users group to the list.
- Enable the options Enable Account and Remote Enable.
- Run the dcomcnfg command.
- Go to Component Services → Computers → My Computer and open My computer properties.
- In the COM Security tab click Edit Limits for both Access Permissions and Launch and Activation Permissions.
- Add Performance Monitor Users and allow remote access, remote launch and remote activation.
- Go to Component Services → Computers → My Computer → DCOM Config and open Windows Management Instrumentation.
- Assign Remote Launch and Remote Activation privileges to the Performance Monitor Users group.