ProxyServerContainer is an application that receives logs from local applications and sends them to Devo, by opening a TCP and UDP port in the local direction (localhost).
The applications send the events to one of the ports and then the ProxiServerContainer handles the sending to Devo servers.
If the connection with Devo is not possible, the received events would be stored and re-sent when the connection is available.
ProxyServerContainer sends every 30 seconds a trail with the following information:
- eventdate - date when the event occurs
- environment - the environment that the event is referring to (production, pre-production,etc...)
- applications - name of the application's executable that it is executing for the tracking
- seq - identifier for each execution of ProxyServerContainer (an unique identifier)
There are two versions of ProxyServerContainer:
- ProxyServerContainer20 needs .NET Framework 2.0.
- ProxyServerContainer needs .NET Frameworl 4.0.
ProxyServerContainer executes in Windows versions where .NET Framework 4 executes.
At the moment, ProxyServerContainer has been tested in the following Windows versions:
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
ProxyServer is part of the package Devo agents for Windows.
- Unzip the file DevoAgentsAutumn14.7z. The password is 1234.
Modify the following lines in the ProxyServerContainer.Settings file.
<add key="SendingIpAddress" value="eu.public.relay.logtrust.net" /> <add key="SendingPort" value="443" /> <add key="SendingSecure" value="true"/> <add key="CertiticateSubjectDistinguishedName" value="CN=XXXX, O=LogTrust, L=Madrid, S=Madrid, C=SP"/>
- Replace the XXXX in the CN value with the name of the Devo account.
- Install the ProxyServerContainer.
- Execute the command prompt as an Administrator - ProxyServerContainer.exe -i
- Open services.msc and check if the service ProxyServerService@10010 has started.
In case you want to use the proxy, apart from the above configuration procedure, you should also add the following lines in the ProxyServerContainer.Settings file:
<!-- Proxy --> <add key="ProxyHost" value="" /> <add key="ProxyPort" value="" /> <add key="ProxyUserName" value="" /> <add key="ProxyPassword" value="" /> <add key="ProxyType" value="" />
- The ProxyType can have one of the following values:
Please note that the supported authentication is the basic authentication.