Monitoring Oracle databases
Devo can collect and ingest data from the Oracle Database Server.
- You can import data directly by monitoring the standard and fine-grained audit trails, trace files, incident, alert, listener, and other logs on the operating system where the Oracle Database Server is installed.
- Through log file monitoring and field extraction, the database administrator can create alerts and dashboards to track in real time what errors, problems, or incidents occur to the database.
- You can use the In-house Relay to collect basic performance and inventory data from Oracle database tables.
- The database administrators can correlate events by using trace logs, inventory and performance metrics.
You can configure inputs for the following Oracle Database Server log files:
- Audit log
- Alert log
- Listener log
- Incident log
- Trace log
- You can monitor the Oracle log files in XML format or plain text.
- Usually, the XML-formatted logs have more verbose information and are easier to parse, but may occupy more OS disk space.
- You can also customize the location and name of most log files in Oracle.
Have we answered your question?
If not, please contact our technical support team via email by clicking the button below.CONTACT US