Monitoring Oracle databases
Devo can collect and ingest data from the Oracle Database Server.
- You can import data directly by monitoring the standard and fine-grained audit trails, trace files, incident, alert, listener, and other logs on the operating system where the Oracle Database Server is installed.
- Through log file monitoring and field extraction, the database administrator can create alerts and dashboards to track in real time what errors, problems, or incidents occur to the database.
- You can use the In-house Relay to collect basic performance and inventory data from Oracle database tables.
- The database administrators can correlate events by using trace logs, inventory and performance metrics.
You can configure inputs for the following Oracle Database Server log files:
- Audit log
- Alert log
- Listener log
- Incident log
- Trace log
- You can monitor the Oracle log files in XML format or plain text.
- Usually, the XML-formatted logs have more verbose information and are easier to parse, but may occupy more OS disk space.
- You can also customize the location and name of most log files in Oracle.