Adding a widget to a dashboard
Widgets are what we call the charts that are displayed in dashboards. Once you have saved a dashboard data source, you can use it to build your chart and add it to a dashboard as a widget.
- Select Dashboards from the navigation panel. For the purposes of this tutorial, we will assume that we are creating an entirely new dashboard. Therefore, click the Add Dashboard button.
- The Create New Dashboard dialog box appears. Complete the form by naming the dashboard Market Analysis, choosing a column distribution and clicking Save.
- Click the Add Widget button to add the first widget to the dashboard. A menu of chart types appears in the left side of the Dashboards area.
- Select Google heatmap from the menu of widgets, then choose the Market Analysis Heatmap data source in the secondary menu.
- The widget properties dialog appears. Enter a widget title and choose 3x3 from the Widget Size dropdown menu. Then click the + icon under Actions to add the lat and long criteria to the widget. This will add a set of asterisks (*) to the list. Lastly, select count from the Field to Show dropdown menu and click the Add Widget button.
- The Market Analysis heatmap is added to the dashboard. In the upper-right corner of the widget you will find the dynamic widget menu where you can modify its configuration, view the query, and more.
You have now completed the Uploading, analyzing and visualizing data tutorial. You can practice what you've learned by uploading your own data file. Contact your Devo Account Manager to find out about automated data uploads and any additional Devo services.
Have we answered your question?
If not, please contact our technical support team via email by clicking the button below.CONTACT US