About the Devo application
What types of data can Devo manage?
- Structured and unstructured data
- Databases, text files
- Social networks
- Syslog, Syslog-ng, Rsyslog
- HTTP, File transfer, Netflow
- WMI, SDE, SNMP, JDBC, SMTP
How is data sent to Devo?
- Devo supports the delivery of encoded data using standard protocols like SSL, TLS, Syslog (TCP and UDP), SFTP, and more. Devo also supports X509v3 public key certificates.
- All data is securely transmitted to our relays using encrypted channels authenticated with double certification.
- Data is sent in real time unless otherwise configured for deferred delivery.
How can you control data access and security using Devo?
|Permission levels per view||
How does Devo leverage your data?
Devo simplifies the management and use of your data with these five primary functions:
|1. Data collection - multiple methods to send your data to Devo|
Devo supports most major protocols but there are also other ways to send the data to Devo.
- In Windows and Unix environments, a Devo agent can be used to send the data.
- An In-house Relay can be deployed within your infrastructure for the purpose of collecting your data forwarding it to Devo.
|2. Data centralization - all in one single point|
Regardless of where your data is generated or where the servers and applications reside, you have a single access point for data management and analysis.
|3. Search & Analyze - high-throughput for data analysis|
Browse, search, and analyze your information in data tables identified by the tagging structure previously created.
- Your information is collected in a data table that can be viewed and modified in several levels using tags.
- When viewing a data table, you can perform several operations to facilitate analysis including filtering, grouping, aggregating, and concatenating your data. You can also add/delete columns, perform statistical operations, and more.
|4. Alerts - all delivered in real-time|
Manage your real-time alerts to stay on top of your business at all times.
- Alerts can be triggered based on simple thresholds or complex correlations.
- Alerts are delivered in real-time using different mechanisms (e-mail, HTTP/SON, Jira, Service Desk, Pushover, and PagerDuty).
|5. Visualize your data - explore and interact with your data|
Our visualization tools give you a very deep level of knowledge about what is happening in your business. You can use a variety of maps, chord diagrams, networks, distributions, trends, and comparisons charts available.