Activeboards are an update of Devo Dashboards that make much simpler the process of creating and managing dashboards. Users with the required role permissions will see the Activeboards option in the navigation pane. Learn more about who can access the Activeboards area and what they can do in the section below.
These are the highlights of Activeboards:
- More intuitive, user-friendly interface to easily find and manage your Activeboards.
- Easy access to the data settings and visual configuration of your widgets.
- Apart from Devo data sources, now you can use recently used and favorite queries to feed your widgets. Moreover, you can directly write your source queries in the editor using the LINQ language.
- Switch between view and edit modes easily, and assign Activeboards to specific roles to manage access permissions.
- Share your Activeboards with other roles in the domain, and manage the access level of each role easily.
- Now you can add inputs to your Activeboard. Inputs are flexible and powerful features that let you apply dynamic data filters to your widgets. A query script that feeds a widget in the Activeboard can contain a placeholder variable that references the value activated in a specific input. So, you can use the value selected in an input to filter the data displayed in a widget.
Check the following introduction video for a quick tour around the Activeboards area.
Who can work with Activeboards and how?
There are 3 different types of users than can work with Activeboards:
Users with the Activeboards (view) permission
These users can access the Activeboards area and see the Activeboards that have been shared with their roles. They can only access those Activeboards in view mode, where they can see the widgets' data and edit the time ranges and visual settings, but changes will not be saved. They cannot create new Activeboards or share them.
Users with the Activeboards (manage) permission
These users can access the Activeboards area, create and manage Activeboards and widgets freely and access the Activeboards they are given access with the permission level they are given (view or edit).
They can also share Activeboards (both the ones they create and the ones they are given access) with the roles they are assigned, as long as they the Activeboards view or manage permissions, or the User resources permission. Learn more about sharing Activeboards here.
Users with the User resources permission
These users can access the Activeboards area, create and manage Activeboards and widgets freely and access and edit all the Activeboards in the domain.
They can also share Activeboards (both the ones they create and the ones they are given access) with all the roles in the domain, as long as they the Activeboards view or manage permissions, or the User resources permission. Learn more about sharing Activeboards here.
Keep in mind that apart from the required permissions to access Activeboards, users need the Finders permission to be able to see the widget's data, or add query data when creating a new widget.