Working with Activeboards
General configuration options
See a complete list of Activeboards in your domain by opening the Activeboard manager. Just click theicon in the upper-left corner of the Activeboard editor. Find a specific Activeboard typing its name in the search box, or locate it in the list. You can make the list show only Activeboards created by yourself selecting the Only mine button.
Open an Activeboard's ellipsis menu where you can:
- Open the Activeboard.
- Open the Activeboard in a new tab.
- Edit the Activeboard's name and description.
- Make a copy of the Activeboard.
- Delete the Activeboard.
You can also access the Activeboard JSON in order to edit or share it. To do it, click the ellipsis icon next to the current Activeboard name and select Edit Raw Configuration. Click Save changes to apply any modifications.
Switch between view an edit mode
Activeboards have two different access modes: view mode and edit mode.
- The mode selected affects the actions you can perform in your Activeboards, and applies to all the Activeboards you work with in the current user session. That is to say, if you switch from view to edit mode, the change is applied to all the Activeboards you access in that session, both your own Activeboards and the ones you've been given access.
- By default, all Activeboards are in view mode when you first access them in a session.
- However, when you create a new Activeboard, the default mode is edit so that you can start working on it directly.
Users are allowed to perform different actions depending on the mode selected:
When you access an Activeboard in view-only mode, you can only see the current widgets data. Users in view mode are not allowed to create new widgets or inputs nor add data sources to current widgets.
You can also set different time ranges (both for the Activeboard and for specific widgets), edit the widgets' visual settings and change their sizes, but these changes will not be saved.
Activeboards in edit mode can be completely edited. You can create new widgets and inputs, edit the widgets' properties and sizes, change the date ranges, etc. and apply any modification.
You can switch between view and edit mode by clicking the view/edit toggle at the top left area, taking into account the following considerations:
- Users whose role has the Manage domain user resources permission can always change the Activeboards mode. Learn more about roles and permissions here.
- Users with a role that doesn't have the Manage domain user resources permission (users with the No Privileges role or a custom role) can only change the Activeboards mode if the Shared activeboard option is not selected.
- Note that when you give a role access to an Activeboard, their users can only view it, unless the role has the Manage domain user resources permission. Learn more about giving role users access to your Activeboards in Sharing Activeboards.