Make an alert available for panels
Alerts can be embedded into panel elements to feed live information about the current state of panel components. For example, an IT network diagram might include a firewall. We can associate an alert based on firewall activity to the firewall component of the diagram to view live alert information in the panel.
However, alerts can't be added to panels by default. You need to actively make the alert available. To do so:
- Go to Administration → Alerts Configuration. The Alert Subscriptions tab lists all the alerts available in the domain.
- Use the filters to find the alert that you want to link to a panel.
- Click the heart icon at the end of the alert's row. Below we've selected the IP scan Alert.
- Now, go to Panels, then select the panel in which you want to use the alert.
- Select the panel element, then the lightning bolt icon. The Alerts window appears.
- Click the Assign button for the alert. This adds it to the panel element. Now save the panel and exit edit mode. Below we see the IP scan Alert associated to the firewall element in a panel. The number, in this case 0, indicates the number of open alerts.