PagerDuty delivery methods
This delivery method sends alerts to servers running PagerDuty.
Before setting up the delivery method, you need to set up Devo as a service in PagerDuty and have the associated integration key ready. You need this key to set up the delivery method. For information about creating a service in PagerDuty or obtaining the API key for the service, see the PagerDuty documentation.
To create a PagerDuty delivery method:
- Go to Administration → Alert Configuration → Delivery Methods.
- Select PagerDuty in the left-hand panel, then click the New button. The New Delivery Method window appears.
Enter the required information:
User A unique name that identifies this specific delivery method. Service key Enter the service or integration API Key for the Devo service that you set up in PagerDuty. Client This field is optional, but we recommend that you enter the name of the resource whose information is triggering this event. Client URL This field is optional, but if you specify a Client, you may choose to use this field to enter the URL that leads to the resource specified as the client. This URL will then be included in the PagerDuty notifications. Time zone This is the time zone that will be used to calculate when alerts can be sent. This will be applied to the schedule defined in any sending policy that uses this delivery method. Language The language in which to send the alert content.
- Click the Save button. This sends a message containing an activation code to PagerDuty where it is saved as an incident.
- Open the incident in PagerDuty and copy the activation code.
- Now return to Devo, go to Administration → Alert Configuration, then select the Delivery Methods tab. Select PagerDuty in the left-hand panel and you will see that the delivery method you created is listed with its status as Pending. Click the red dot under Status, paste the activation code, and click Save. The delivery method is now ready to use in a sending policy.