Slack delivery methods
This delivery method sends the alert information to a channel in your Slack workspace. In order to deliver the alert to Slack, you need to create an Incoming Webhook in your Slack workspace.
Once you have the Webhook URL, this is how to create a Slack-type delivery method:
- Go to Administration → Alert Configuration → Delivery Methods.
- Select Slack in the left-hand panel, then click the New button. The New Delivery Method window appears.
.Enter the required information as indicated:
Name A descriptive name that identifies this specific delivery method. Webhook URL The Webhook URL you created in your Slack workspace. The webhook will direct alert messages to the Slack channel set when you created the webhook. To override this, you can specify a different channel in the Channel field. Time zone This is the time zone that will be used to calculate when alerts can be sent. This will be applied to the schedule defined in any sending policy that uses this delivery method. Language The language in which to send the alert content. Channel This field is optional. Leave this empty to send the alerts to the Slack channel set when you created the webhook. To send the alerts to a different channel, you can specify it here. The channel must exist within the same Slack workspace.
- Click Save. Now, go to your Slack workspace. A validation code will automatically be posted to the associated channel in Slack, like this:
- Copy the complete validation code, then return to the list of Slack delivery methods in Devo. The newly created delivery method displays "pending activation" in the Status column of the list.
- Click "pending activation" and paste the validation code into the Activation Code window, then click Apply.
The integration between Devo and the Slack channel has been validated. So now you can associate this new delivery method with sending policies in order to start receiving alerts in your Slack workspace.
To edit or delete the delivery method, just use the controls in the ellipsis menu.