Send requests with Postman
Postman is a web-based application that allows you to build and test your REST API requests. You can use it to add the required headers and parameters to your Devo REST API query request, send it and get the response back.
To try the process out, download this ZIP file and import the files in Postman to send three different REST API requests. The ZIP file contains:
- A file including three sample query requests.
- Two different environments (USA and Europe). Select the one for your region.
To start the process:
- Open Postman and select Import.
- In the Import window, click Choose Files and select the three files in the ZIP you downloaded.
- Select the environment in the dropdown list at the top right corner (Devo EU or Devo USA). These environments include the endpoint URL of each region and the timestamp, so you don't need to set them.
- In Devo, go to Administration → Credentials. In the Access Keys tab, click Create new API key if you have not generated any API key/secret yet. Select Show in both Api Key and Api Secret columns and copy the content. Learn more in the Security credentials section.
- Go back to Postman and click the eye icon to enter the API key and API secret in the corresponding rows, clicking the pencil icon next to the Current value column fields. Your requests are now authorized.
- Select the Collections tab in the left area of the application and click Api V2 Examples to see the three examples included in the file:
- Choose the required one and click Pre-request Script to check the parameters of the request.
All the parameters are already set in these samples, so just click Send to perform the request. You will see the response in the bottom area.
If you get a not valid timestamp error message in your response, try to activate the set time automatically option in your computer configuration settings.