Create and manage users in your domain manually using the Administration → Users area. You can:
Create a user
- Go to Administration → Users. This area opens to the Users Management tab where the current domain user are listed.
- Click the Add User button. The User Information window appears.
Enter the basic user information, like Name, Email, and Phone, and choose one or more roles that this user will have in the current domain. The tabbed area to the right of the fields will dynamically display the Permissions, Finders, Applications, Panels, Dashboards and Activeboards associated with the selected role or roles. Note that the Activeboards tab will not appear if the role(s) selected do not have any Activeboard shared with them.
A note about the Admin role
If you select the Admin role, you will not be able to select an additional role for the user. This is because the Admin role grants a user full application permissions, and so does not benefit from additional roles. Go to Users and roles to learn more about this.
- Click Save when done. The user will receive an email requesting that they verify their address. If this is the first time they have been added to a Devo domain, they will be prompted to create their password when they first log in. If they already have access to another Devo domain, their existing password is valid.
Disable or enable a user
You can temporarily block a user from accessing the domain by disabling them.
Go to Administration → Users. This area opens to the Users Management tab where the current domain users are listed. The last column, Status, contains a symbol that appears in green if the user is enabled and red if they are disabled. Simply click this icon to change their current status.
Modify or delete a user
Go to Administration → Users. This area opens to the Users Management tab where the current domain users are listed.
- To modify a user, click the user's name in the User list. The User Information form opens. You can edit any aspect of the user information except the e-mail address. Click Save to save the changes.
- To delete a user, open the ellipsis menu in the user's row in the User list, then select Delete.
For information about modifying and deleting users, see Monitoring user activity.