Jira delivery methods
This delivery method creates a new issue of a specific type in a Jira project. Create a delivery method for each combination of project key and issue type needed to accommodate the alerts that will trigger Jira issues. For example, you might have one delivery method that creates a Bug-type issue in the SEC project key and another that creates a Task type issue in the NET project key.
To establish a Jira type delivery method:
- Go to Administration → Alert Configuration → Delivery Methods.
- Select Jira in the left-hand panel, then click the New Jira button. The New Delivery Method window appears.
Enter the required information:
Name A unique name that identifies this delivery method. URL The URL of the Jira Cloud site to which alerts will be sent. This follows the format https://<your_JIRA_domain>.atlassian.net/rest/api/<Jira_API_version>/issue/. Note that if your Jira server is inside a private network you will not receive alerts on your server. User and Password This is the JIRA server username and password for communication with the server. The username should be the email address associated with the Atlassian account and the Password should be the API token as configured here. Issue type
Specify the Jira issue type for alerts that use this delivery method (Task, Bug, Story...)
Issue type in Jira
Please note that your Issue Type in Jira must not have Required/Mandatory fields other than Summary (where the name of the Devo Alert will populate), otherwise, you will not be able to create the delivery method.
Project key Specify the project key under which the alert will be created. The project key is the prefix used for numbering issues in a specific project. Time zone This is the time zone that will be used to calculate when alerts can be sent. This will be applied to the schedule defined in any sending policy that uses this delivery method. Language The language in which to send the alert content.
- Click Apply. The new delivery method is saved in pending status. To activate it, you will need to introduce in Devo the Jira validation code you will receive.
- The Jira validation code will be displayed on the Jira server, in a new JIRA issue of the type specified in the form, which was created by this process with the title "Activation Code". Copy the code and then return to the list of Jira delivery methods in Devo, to the newly created delivery method that displays pending activation in the Status column.
- Click pending activation and paste the validation code into the Activation Code window, then click Apply.
- The integration between Devo and Jira has been validated. Now you can associate this new delivery method with sending policies in order to start defining alerts that will trigger Jira issues.
To edit or delete the delivery method, just use the controls in the ellipsis menu.