When a new domain is created, a pair of access keys (API key and API secret) is automatically generated. The purpose of these credentials is to provide security for REST API or query protocol communications with Devo API services.
- To generate a new pair of access keys, click the Create new API key button on the top right and a drop-down menu will appear with the list of available users in the domain.
- You must assign a user to the new pair. The default option is the domain owner, or you select any other available user.
- The third column shown above, named User, will display the email address of the assigned user. Older pairs that were not assigned to a user will appear as Unassigned.
In the event that a user creates a new pair of access keys but doesn't have access to the list of available users, the new pair will be assigned by default to the domain owner. The same theory applies to users deleted from the domain, in that their assigned keys are then automatically reassigned to the domain owner.
- To display an API key/API secret, click Show in the required column. A dialog will appear to show the requested API.
- To copy the displayed API key/API secret to your clipboard, click the Copy to Clipboard icon next to it.
- To delete a pair of access keys, place the cursor on the required row to highlight it and an ellipsis icon will appear at the end of the row. Click it and select Delete.