Queries saved as favorites are available to easily re-run and to share with other Devo users in your domain. Mark as favorite any queries that you will use frequently or queries that are complex to define.
Mark a query as favorite
There are three ways to mark a query as a favorite:
- From the Data Search → Last Queries area, click the heart symbol at the end of the row.
- After accessing a data table, select Additional Tools → Query Info → Favorite in the query window toolbar.
- After accessing a data table, click the heart icon next to the query name under the Data Search option in the navigation panel.
Favorite queries list
The Favorite Queries list displays all your favorite queries and facilitates several related actions. You can find it going to Data Search → Finder, in the Favorite Queries tab at the bottom area.
You can perform the following operations in the Favorite Queries list:
Block or unblock a query
Select theicon in the required query row to block it, avoiding any modification in the query. Click the icon again to unblock the query.
See Block a query to learn more.
Add or remove a query to or from your aliased finder
Select theicon in the required query row to add the query to your aliased finder. Click the icon again to remove the query from the aliased finder.
See Use the aliased finder to learn more.
Filter the favorite queries list
There are different ways to filter the favorite queries list:
- Select the icons at the top of the list to show only blocked queries ( ) or quieres added to your aliased finder ( ). Use the time buttons to filter the queries accessed within a recent time period; from the last hour to the last year.
- You can also type in text in the search box and select Filter. The table will only display those queries containing the string you entered in their alias or table name. Click Clear filter to show all the favorite queries again.
Add tags to your favorite queries to easily filter them in the pane. Select theicon that appears when hovering over a query and select Manage tags. Type in a keyword in the Add tag field and click the + icon. To filter the queries by a specific tag, select it in the Tags list above the table. You can select several tags to display only those queries tagged with all of them.
You can combine different criteria to narrow the results of your filter. For example, you can filter those favorite queries that are blocked, have been accessed during the last 6 hours, are tagged with "IP" and whose alias contains "data".
Share a query
Select the Social Intelligence area of the application.icon that appears when hovering over a query and select Share to share the query with other users or domains in the
Delete a query from the favorite queries list
Select thethat appears when hovering over a query and select Delete to remove the query from the Favorite Queries pane.