Merge a custom table with a query
When merging a custom table with an already existing query, the fields of the custom table whose name matches those in the query are automatically merged. The rest of them will appear as not assigned, and you can merge them with the custom table fields with the same type. The diagram below represents how the merging process works:
To merge a custom table with a query:
- Go to Data Search and open the data table you want to merge with your custom table.
- Select Additional Tools → Custom tables → Add to existing union.
- Choose the custom table you want to merge with the current query.
- Those column names of the custom table matching the ones in the query will be automatically merged. The rest of them will appear as not assigned. On the right side, in the Current query fields area, you can select specific fields from the query and drag them to the custom table, in the Query field value column.
- Additionally, you can create more fields selecting New field. Enter the new field name and then drag the required field from the Current query fields area.
- Click Save once you finish. Now go to the Data Search area and open your custom table. It should contain the data merged from the query.