Add lookup values to a data table
You can run a search and correlate its content with values from an uploaded lookup. If any value in the lookup key column is also present in the data table, the values in those lookup rows can be added to the data table.
Following the previous example, suppose you want to include two columns in the demo.ecommerce.demo table showing the street address and printer brand corresponding to the IPs in the data table. To do it:
- Go to Data Search and open the data.ecommerce.demo table.
- Click Create column in the data table toolbar.
- Select custom and look for the name of the lookup (IP_list). Select the StreetAddress column. Give the column a meaningful name (IP street address).
- Add the clientIpAddress column as an argument and click Create column.
- Repeat the process to add the printer brand column. In this case, add the Brand column of the lookup and choose again the clientIpAddress data table column as argument (you can name it IP Brand).
Both columns are created, showing the street and printer brand corresponding to the IPs of the clientIpAddress column that are also in the lookup key column. These columns will show null for those IPs that are not included in the lookup.