Run a LINQ free text query
For users with the necessary permissions and that are familiar with LINQ scripting, the free text query can be a convenient option to query data. Using this option, you can access a data table and build your query directly, without using the search window tools.
- Go to Data Search → Explore your data, then open the Free Text Query tab.
- Enter your LINQ query. Click on Show Table Fields to get a summary of the available fields for your query. Close this window by clicking on the X tab.
Some LINQ examples are displayed if you click the ? icon at the left bottom corner of the window.
- Click Run once you are ready. If there are syntax errors, you will be alerted to make corrections. Otherwise, the data table will open to display the results of your query.
Edit LINQ queries in the search window
After opening a data table, users can access the Query Editor tool available on the search window toolbar to keep on querying data using LINQ:
- Select the Toggle Query Editor button in the search window toolbar. The Query Editor window opens.
- Write or edit your query. Click on Show Table Fields if you need to and a list of the available columns will appear on the right.
- Click Run to retrieve the results of the query.
If you are not familiar with LINQ you can learn how to query using this language in Build a query using LINQ.