Queries saved as favorites are available to easily re-run and to share with other Devo users in your domain. Mark as favorite any queries that you will use frequently or queries that are complex to define.
Mark a query as favorite
There are three ways to mark a query as a favorite:
- From the Data Search → Query History area, click the heart symbol at the end of the row.
- After accessing a data table, select Additional Tools → Query Info → Favorite in the search window toolbar.
- After accessing a data table, click the heart icon next to the query name under the Data Search option in the navigation panel.
Favorite queries list
The favorite queries list displays all your favorite queries and facilitates several related actions. You can find it going to Data Search → Finder, in the My Favorite Queries tab at the bottom area.
You can perform the following operations in the favorite queries list:
Block or unblock a query
Select theicon in the required query row to block it, avoiding any modification in the query. Click the icon again to unblock the query.
See Block a query to learn more.
Add or remove a query to or from your aliased finder
Select theicon in the required query row to add the query to your aliased finder. Click the icon again to remove the query from the aliased finder.
See Use the aliased finder to learn more.
Filter the favorite queries list
There are different ways to filter the favorite queries list:
- Select the icons at the top to show only blocked queries ( ) or queries added to your aliased finder ( ).
- Use the time buttons at the top to filter the queries accessed within a specific time period up to that moment or all queries ever accessed.
- You can also type in text in the search box and select Filter. The table will only display those queries containing the string you entered in their alias or table name. Click Clear filter to show all the favorite queries again.
Add tags to your favorite queries to easily filter them in the pane.
Add tags → Hover over the desired query row, select the Alternatively, you can simply click under the Tags column. An extra row appears below for you to manage the tags for that query. Type in a keyword in the Manage tag field and click the + icon.icon that appears at the end of it and select Manage tags.
Filter by tag → The existing tags appear above the table, in the Tags section. Click one to activate it and filter the table accordingly. You can select several tags to display only those queries tagged with all of them. Alternatively, you can make the extra row appear and click one of the tags applied to that query to activate it as a filter for the whole table.
Tags created here are also shown in the tags section of the Query History for you to use them as filters.
You can combine different criteria to narrow the results of your filter. For example, you can filter those favorite queries that are blocked, have been accessed during the last 6 hours, are tagged with "IP" and whose alias contains "data".
Share a query
Hover over the desired query row, select the Social Intelligence area of the application.icon that appears at the end of it and select Share to share the query with other users or domains in the
Remove a query from the favorite queries list
Hover over the desired query row, select thethat appears at the end of it and select Remove from favorites to remove the query from the favorite queries pane.
Open a query
You can open a query to check its data by clicking on the name. If you want to open the full query with all the operations performed, click on the name under the Alias column. If you want to open the original table click on the name under the Table Name column.
Copy a query to clipboard
You can copy a query to use it somewhere else. Hover over the name under the Alias column and a dialog will appear showing the full query. Click the copy button on the right and a pop-up message will confirm it.