Add lookup values to your query
You can run a search and correlate its content with values from a lookup table. If any value in the key column of the lookup table is also present in your query, the values in those lookup rows can be added in a new column.
Following the previous example, suppose you want to include two lookups in the
demo.ecommerce.data table showing the street address and printer brand corresponding to the IPs in the data table. To do it:
- Go to Data Search and open the
- Click Create column in the query toolbar.
- Select custom and look for the name of the lookup (IP_list). Select the StreetAddress column. Give the column a meaningful name (in this case, IP street address).
- Add the clientIpAddress column as an argument and click Create column.
- Repeat the process to add the printer brand column. In this case, add the Brand column of the lookup and choose again the clientIpAddress data table column as argument (you can name it IP Brand).
Both lookup values created, showing the street and printer brand corresponding to the IPs of the clientIpAddress column that are also in the key column of the lookup table. These columns will show null for those IPs that are not included in the lookup table.