Manage and edit lookup tables
You can manage your lookup tables in Data Search → Lookup Management.
- The Status column indicates the current status of your lookup tables. If the indicator is green, it means the lookup is ready to be used. If it is yellow, it means the lookup has been modified and will be ready soon. If it is red, it means the lookup table has some errors.
- The Type column shows the following depending on the lookup type: Upload, Static query or Dynamic query.
Click the ellipsis icon to the right of any lookup table row to access the following options:
|More info||This offers a quick view of the table's column names, value types, and key column.|
|Download CSV||Download the lookup table as a CSV file.|
Edit the content of the selected upload lookup table. You can add new rows or modify the already existing data. Click Save Changes once you finish. Note that this option is only available for lookup tables up to 100MB. In case of query lookups, you are taken to the query window, where you can edit the columns and time range of the lookup.
|Load new lookup version|
Upload an updated version of the selected lookup table. Click Choose file, select the file including the updated version and click Upload. This option is not available for query lookups.
This opens the Restrictions to tables screen. Select the required lookup table in the left area and use the toggle buttons to enable or disable them in the different data tables.
|Delete||Delete the lookup table.|
Edit an uploaded lookup table
Select Edit lookup to edit the content of the uploaded file. You can perform the following actions:
- Select a cell in the table to edit its content.
- Check a row and select the trash bin icon to delete it.
Use the filtering buttons above the table to display only the columns needed.
All Display all the lookup table columns. Here is where you can add, edit and delete columns. Modified Show only modified columns. To reset edited columns, select them and click the Restore Rows icon. Created Show only newly created columns. Deleted Show only deleted columns. To restore columns, select them and click the Restore Rows icon.
After performing the required modifications, click Save changes. You can also restore the original lookup version selecting Reset changes.
Edit a static query lookup table
You can edit the query used to feed a static lookup table following these steps:
- Go to Data Search → Lookup Management.
- Open the ellipsis menu of the required query lookup and click Edit. You will be taken to the query window, which shows the query you used to feed the dynamic lookup.
- Perform the necessary query operations to get the new required one.
- Now click the gear icon in the query toolbar and select Table Operations → Set this query in dynamic lookup.
- Make the necessary changes in the Edit Query Lookup window (add or remove columns, or change the key column). You can also set a new query period using the query window toolbar time controls, then clicking Apply Interval.
- Click Save settings. The dynamic lookup is now updated.
It may take several minutes to apply the changes. Go to Data Search → Lookup Management and check the Status column of the dynamic lookup. Changes will be applied once the indicator turns green.
Note that dynamic query lookups cannot be edited.
To add values from a dynamic lookup to a data table, follow the steps explained in Add lookup values to your query.