Upload a lookup table
Suppose you have the following CSV file containing printers' information and their corresponding IPs and addresses:
|126.96.36.199,Mainstreet 15,A,5,23,HP,Laserjet 11|
If you want to upload the file as a lookup:
- Go to Data Search → Lookup Management and click New Lookup.
- Enter a name for the lookup (in this case, IP_list), then click Choose file and select the CSV file. Check the Contains headers box.
- Choose a key column selecting the Is key option. In this example, the key will be the IP column.
- Click Upload. You will receive a notification when the file is uploaded. Note this may take a few minutes.
Once uploaded, you can find the lookup in:
- Data Search → Lookup Management, where you can manage and edit your lookup tables. The lookup table will be ready when the indicator in the Status column turns green.
- Data Search → Finder if you choose my → lookuplist, where you can open lookups as data tables and apply operations.
Now you can add the required columns in your lookup table to a query. See Add lookup values to your query to learn how to do it.