Custom date chart aggregation
This chart displays numerical values in a timeline based on a date other than the Eventdate, which indicates the moment the event was received by Devo.
What data do I need for this widget?
The option to create this chart will be disabled unless your query groups events containing at least one numerical column. Furthermore, the grouping must be without a temporal option (no time-based grouping) and contain a timestamp column in order to have suitable data to complete de chart.
Creating a custom date chart aggregation
Go to Data Search and open the required table.
Perform the required operations to get the data you want to use in the chart.
Select Additional tools → Charts → Plots → Custom Data Chart Aggregation from the query toolbar.
Click and drag the column headers to the corresponding fields. This chart requires you to select two fields:
Required field Data type Custom date timestamp Signals (you can drag more than one column) float, integer, duration
- The custom data chart aggregation is displayed.
Working with chart aggregations
Hover over a point of the chart to see a tooltip with all the values.
Click the sliders and dropdown at the top of the chart to operate with the following options:
- Null to zeros: when this option is activated, the chart will not show graphical representation for the points with zero values and the connections to them.
- Accumulate: activating this option will stack all the values of each variable over time. This way the last value will be the sum of all the previous values.
- Limit Series: activating or deactivating this option makes the diagram show only the most significant values or all of them.
- Period: this option will show the results over the selected period of time. The period will be the latest available in the specified time range.
You can recreate the example shown in the first picture with the data from the following query and mapping the fields as follows:
from demo.ecommerce.data select parsedate(timestamp, "DD/MMM/YYYY:hh:mm:ss +SSSS") as timeStampParsed group by bytesTransferred, timeStampParsed every -
|Required field||Column added|