A pie chart is a circular graph that contains slices that correspond to parts of the whole. The different slices of the chart and their proportions are defined by two given fields in your query.
What data do I need for this widget?
The option to create this chart will be disabled unless your query contains at least one column with numeric values.
Creating a pie chart
Go to Data Search and open the required table.
Perform the required operations to get the data you want to use in the chart.
After getting the required query results, go to Additional tools → Charts → Diagrams → Pie Chart.
Drag the required columns to their corresponding fields. This chart requires you to select the following fields:
Required field Description Data type Partitioning Choose the column whose distinct values you want to represent as slices in the pie chart. string Values Choose the numeric field you want to use to define the proportion of each of the slices. float, integer, duration
- The pie chart is displayed.
Hover over a portion to see the arguments and values it represents or click it to highlight it.
- Click by period to group the results by period.
- Adjust the Radius slider to change the size of the black circle in the center (zero means no circle at all).
- Increase or decrease the number in the % Hide Labels field to show a greater or fewer number of labels (zero means all labels will be shown).
- Click the drop-down and select an option to show in the labels either the values or the percentage they represent.
- Click To Bytes to consider the values as bytes and add it as an extra piece of information to the tooltip.
You can hit the following keys to perform different visualization actions:
|If your data is grouped by period, displays the data from the previous period. For example, if your query groups data every 30 seconds press the left arrow to see the data bubble for the previous 30-second period.|
|If your data is grouped by period, displays the data from the following period. For example, if your query groups data every 30 seconds press the right arrow to see the data bubble for the next 30-second period.|
|Shows/hides the list of shortcut keys.|
You can create a chart using the data of the following query:
from siem.logtrust.web.activity where isnotnull(srcHost) group every 30m by country, method every 1d select count() as count