Custom alerts for 404 errors
One of Devo capabilities is the generation of real-time alerts based on data received. Devo comes with a set of pre-installed alerts, but you can also define custom alerts adapted to your specific needs. You can access the defined alerts from the navigation pane, selecting Administration → Alerts Configuration. You will find your custom alerts under the My Alerts filter.
Suppose you want to get notified when an error 404 is caused by a broken link or a malfunction of the web.
- First, access the demo.ecommerce.data table and select the Group icon from the toolbar. Select 30 minutes in the Every field and add the statusCode column as argument.
- Click the New Alert icon in the query window toolbar.
- The alert definition window appears. We want to get notified for each single 404 code that arrives to the table every 30 minutes, so we must select the Each type. Enter a meaningful message and description for the alert, then select a Subcategory (used to group the alert under the My Alerts category) and Alert Name (descriptive title for the alert).
- Select Create.
Once the data is confirmed, you need to configure the alert and define how you want to receive it:
- Go to Administration → Alerts Configuration from the navigation pane.
- Filter by My Alerts to isolate the alert. From this view, you can activate or deactivate the alert using the ON/OFF toggle. New created alerts are activated by default. You can also access the alert details by clicking the ellipsis button.