5 common relay rule scenarios
Relay rules are powerful and flexible; able to accommodate a wide range of processing requirements for identifying event sources, filtering, and applying tags.
That said, most relay rules that you will need to set up will conform to one of five general scenarios. You can learn a lot about relay rules and how they work by reading through these scenarios.
To set up the most sophisticated rules, a solid understanding of regular expressions is necessary.
- Scenario 1: Apply a fixed tag to all events
- Scenario 2: Apply a Devo tag based on data found in the inbound event
- Scenario 3: Filter out unwanted events
- Scenario 4: Assign dynamic Devo tag using inbound source data
- Scenario 5: Appending the inbound syslog tag to the outbound Devo tag