System monitor log data from Windows, Unix-like, and Azure-hosted machines should be forwarded to the Devo Cloud using a tag that begins with box.stat.
This forwarding is configured automatically when you use one of the Devo setup utilities to configure the sending of a machine's data to Devo:
- The MonitorService component of the Devo Agent for Windows events sending
- The logtrust_monitor utility contained in the configuration packages for *nix
The full tag structure follows the format box.stat.os.type. The first two elements, box.stat, are fixed. The third element identifies the operating system and must be one of unix, win, or azure. The fourth element identifies the type of system data that is collected and must be one of the following:
- dstat-lt1 collects general statistics each minute about CPU usage, memory, network, and more.
- diskstat collects detailed statistics each minute about the behavior of the machine's disks.
- tags collects events that list a machine's tags every minute.
These are the valid tags for system monitor data:
For more information on how tags work, check About Devo tags.Related articles