Upload a lookup table
Suppose you have the following CSV file containing printers' information and their corresponding IPs and addresses:
|126.96.36.199,Mainstreet 15,A,5,23,HP,Laserjet 11|
If you want to upload the file as a lookup:
- Go to Data Search → Lookup Management and click New Lookup.
- Enter a name for the lookup (in this case, IP_list), then click Choose file and select the CSV file. Check the Contains headers box.
- Choose a key column selecting the Is key option. In this example, the key will be the IP column.
- Click Upload. You will receive a notification when the file is uploaded. Note this may take a few minutes.
Repeated values in the key column
The column selected as key upon the lookup definition should not contain repeated values. If so, only the last value in the file will be kept, and the rest of the events with that value repeated will be discarded.
For example, if you upload the following CSV and select the column user as key, only the second event that contains Mike will be kept.
Once uploaded, you can find the lookup in:
- Data Search → Lookup Management, where you can manage and edit your lookup tables. The lookup table will be ready when the indicator in the Status column turns green.
- Data Search → Explore Your Data if you choose my → lookuplist, where you can open lookups as data tables and apply operations.
Now you can add the required columns in your lookup table to a query. See Add lookup values to your query to learn how to do it.