Configuring WMI for Devo file monitoring
The MagicEvent component is designed to work with WMI to facilitate the management of file monitoring. For this to work property, you need to create a dedicated user for the management of Devo monitoring activity and add it to the Performance Monitor Users and Event Log Readers group. The Performance Monitor Users group then needs to have permissions over a number of specific resources and actions.
- Create a new user (for example, LogtrustMonitor) designed to manage all Devo monitoring activity on your Windows network.
- Add the user to the Performance Monitor Users and Event Log Readers groups. Open its properties, select the Member Of tab and select both groups. Then click Apply.
- Go to the Services and Applications area and select WMI Control to open the WMI Control Properties window. Alternatively, you can run the wmimgmt.msc command.
- In the Security tab, select Root → CIMV2.
- Click Security and add the Performance Monitor Users group to the list of group of user names.
- Allow the options Enable Account and Remote Enable.
- Now, run the dcomcnfg command.
- Go to Component Services → Computers → My Computer and open My computer properties.
- In the COM Security tab click Edit Limits for both Access Permissions and Launch and Activation Permissions.
- Add Performance Monitor Users and allow remote access, remote launch and remote activation for both of these.
- Now, go to Component Services → Computers → My Computer → DCOM Config and open Windows Management and Instrumentation.
- Assign Remote Launch and Remote Activation privileges to the Performance Monitor Users group.