Manage and filter Activeboards
You can manage both your current Activeboard and all the Activeboards created in your domain by using the settings in these menus:
Check a complete list of the Activeboards defined in your domain, filter them as required, and access their configuration settings. Learn more here.
Check the Activeboards you're working with in your current session. Learn more here.
Activeboard ellipsis menu
Manage and configure the current open Activeboard by clicking the ellipsis icon at the top left of the screen. Learn more here.
See a complete list of Activeboards in your domain by opening the Activeboard manager. To access it, just click theicon in the upper-left corner of the Activeboard editor. Find a specific Activeboard by typing its name in the search box, or locate it in the list. You can make the list show only Activeboards created by yourself selecting the Created by me button, show only those marked as favorite by selecting the Favorites button, or show a combination of both.
You can click the expandable of an Activeboard in the Activeboard manager to see the following information:
- Description: the text introduced when the Activeboard was created to summarize the content or to introduce any other information.
- Created by: the name of the user that created the Activeboard.
- Last modified: the moment in which the latest change was performed, expressed in local time and date.
- User tags: the tags applied to this Activeboard. If you click the + icon, you will open the menu to create and apply tags. See the section below to know more about how to create and apply tags.
Place the cursor over an Activeboard row and two icons will appear:
- Heart icon: click it to mark an Activeboard as favorite (only for you). Your favorite Activeboards are listed in the Favorite Activeboards area of your Home page.
- Ellipsis icon: click it to open a contextual menu with the following options:
Opens the selected Activeboard.
Open in new tab
Opens a new tab in the browser to show the content of the Activeboard.
Manage user tags
Opens a window to create and assign tags. You can perform the following actions:
Take into account that the existing tags will remain as an option to select in the dropdown as long as they are applied to at least one Activeboard; if they are removed from that Activeboard you will have to create them again.
In the Activeboard Manager, you can perform the following actions once the tags have been created and applied:
Be aware that tags are user-dependent, this means that only you will be able to see and use the ones you create and therefore you cannot see or use the ones created by others.
Set as default
Set the Activeboard as the default one to be shown when accessing the Activeboards area.
Edit the Activeboard's name and description. Note that this option only appears if you're working in edit mode.
Make a copy of the Activeboard. Note that this option only appears if you're working in edit mode.
Delete the Activeboard. Note that this option only appears if you're working in edit mode.
You can use the following options to filter Activeboards in the Activeboards Manager:
- By name: introduce the desired text in the search box and the existing Activeboards will be filtered as you type. Only those Activeboards containing that string will be shown.
- Favorites: click the Favorites button below the search box and a green tick will appear to indicate that such filter has been applied. Only those Activeboards marked as favorite by yourself will be shown.
- Created by yourself: click the Created by me button below the search box and a green tick will appear to indicate that such filter has been applied. Only those Activeboard created by yourself will be shown.
- By tags: click the Filters button next to the search box, select the Tags dropdown and choose one or more tags. Only those Activeboards with the applied tags will be shown.
By user: click the Filters button next to the search box, select the Users dropdown and choose a user. Only those Activeboards created by the selected user will be shown.
Be aware that all these filters can be applied simultaneously and in that case, only those Activeboards meeting all the specified conditions will be shown.
When you apply filters, a Clear button appears below the Filters button so you can remove them all.
Click the name of your current Activeboard at the top left corner of the screen to access the Session manager. Here you can check all the Activeboards you've been working with in your current session. Each Activeboard is represented as a window showing a schematic view of the widgets it contains. Click one of them to access it. You can use the search box to look for specific Activeboards in this list.
You can also hover over an Activeboard and access buttons to open it in a new browser tab and remove it from this manager. There's also a button to create a new Activeboard.
Activebord ellipsis menu
Click the ellipsis icon at the top left of the screen to manage and configure the current Activeboard. Apart from all the settings in the Activeboard manager described above, you can also find these options:
Access a control panel to check the details of all the widgets in the current Activeboard. Each widget in the table includes the following information:
Edit raw configuration
Access the current Activeboard JSON in order to edit or share it. Note that this option only appears if you're working in edit mode.
When editing the JSON raw configuration, mistakes will be highlighted, with a message describing the error. Click Save raw configuration to apply any modifications.
You can export the JSON raw configuration using CTRL + E on your keyboard.
In the following video, you can see some of the features explained in this article so you get a clearer idea before working with your own Activeboards.